Well it’s funny when you ask someone to share a bit about themselves, you usually get something like this: Well…I’m Christine, I’m 54 years old, 5 kids (Mom of 3 boys, Stepmom of a daughter and son), married (my 2nd/11yrs., my 1st/14yrs., SINGLE 12yrs. in between), — I LOVE cats: Miss Miette is mine, I’ve been self-employed for a LONG time in the health and wellness field, and I live in Scottsdale, AZ. Basic. Notice I said more of what I do and really nothing about who I am.
I am a free-spirited, upbeat, super cool and funny chick! I’m optimistic and believe in making the world a better place. I’d heal the whole planet if I could! I love to learn! People appreciate me because I am genuine, down-to-earth, and I really care about them. I encourage everyone to embrace and rock their own uniqueness! (I encourage you to too!)
My life truly began during my bouts with cancer that began when I was 27. Inspired, I wrote a piece about it, posted on my Dare to Live page if you’re interested. I’ve practiced healthy eating and exercise since I was 18–was a suburban granola getting my organic meats from a ranch–grinding my own grains into flour, didn’t smoke, didn’t drink, if I couldn’t pronounce it I didn’t eat it and no FDC red, yellow, or blue bla bla bla and I still got sick, really sick. Stage 2 cancer, told I was going to probably die in 5 years. I had a 1 year old, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old so I wasn’t too down with that. I fought for options. I realized that health wasn’t just about my physical body, but was about all facets of my self: Mind, body, heart, spirit/soul.
Always a seeker, cancer catapulted me to more of study EVERYTHING: Science, sociology, psychology, comparative religions, health and fitness, I travelled intensely studying other cultures, supportive communication, yoga, meditation, energy work–honestly it’s endless. I’m still constantly checking things out! Growing, both to live my best life, and in the hopes of helping others not only heal from illness but prevent it through self awareness and care, to support the pursuit and fulfillment of life dreams!
We haven’t met yet, but I really care about you already! So thanks for checking me out! If you need help making changes in your life–contact me. Download my Jump-Start Your Life: One Day to a Healthier Happier You! and get started!
- Bachelor of Science, A.S.U.–Communication–Supportive and Intercultural
- Lifestyle Strategist and Wellness Coach—17 years
- Talk Show Host /Blogger—InsideHealthTV—original programming
- Talk Show Host: YouTube: Healthy Power TV Network/ Overcome
- Certified Weight Management Specialist—American Council on Exercise
- 200 Hour Certified Yoga Instructor—White Lotus Yoga Foundation
- Certified Personal Trainer—17 years—American Council on Exercise
- 6th Generation Usui Reiki Master
- Corporate Wellness Educator—10 years
- Breast Cancer Support and Recovery Advocate—12+ years
- Author—Workplace Workout—NAVSEA Command
- Inspirational Speaker
- Artist—Acrylic Painter, Photographer, Novice Videographer, and Writer
- Healthy Eating Advocate–Recipe Makeover Expert
Recognized by the DOD NAVSEA Command, recipient of the Linda Rainford Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Cancer Education, Prevention and Treatment, featured in Top Docs, a top finalist for the AZ Golden Heart in Business Award, and a frequent author in a couple health magazines, I feel honored to touch so many lives.